Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows binary problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Windows binary problems Reply with quote

Hi!

I'd like to use the service binary under Windows, however I am not able to, with any of your late KH versions, because when I'd like to start it, I get the following error message box:

Quote:
Could not start Icecast service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Gui and Console versions work great.

Also there seems to be an issue with the installer too, as it fails to remove the service from the service list when uninstalling, or upgrading version.

Last edited by robertut on Sat May 03, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at this recently to try to pin point some issues. I only had access to a system to test this recently and I think it's all working now (check for kh34 later today).

One thing that does seem unclear though is if you remove a service you MAY have have to reboot before you can re-install again (the exact reasons aren't given but I suspect it will be down to the version of windows and what is running at the time)

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Service OK now, thanks.

Another problem: in the web interface, Reload Config (/admin/function.xsl?perform=updatecfg) causes server to crash. This appears at both gui and service binary.

Although Windows has a service recovery method, to restart it if it fails, after this crash the service simply stops without being recovered. It has to be started manually again. Perhaps it retuns a normal exit code instead of an error, and Windows thinks it quitted normally.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check the reload later today, There were no changes to that part and it did work on linux, so I'll have to check into that.

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
Will check the reload later today, There were no changes to that part and it did work on linux, so I'll have to check into that.

karl.
Many thanks! This is important to have it working well under Windows, as ther is -hup under linux, but windows lacks this. If the app itself has a function for this - the best possible.
robertut

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertut wrote:
karlH wrote:

karl.
Many thanks! This is important to have it working well under Windows, as ther is -hup under linux, but windows lacks this. If the app itself has a function for this - the best possible.

Any news about the reload config in Windows version? It doesn't seem to work. I added a mount to the xml, removed master-relay settings, clicked Reload Config, nothing happened (GUI version this time).
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send me your error log before/during/after the reload so that I can check that is going on?

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked My systray icon is gone, no taskbar icon either.
icecast2win.exe is there in the processlist, and it works, but the Windows GUI is inaccessible now.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know why the update didn't work, it's because it didn't recognize a change in the status of the relays because no update occurred. I'll check to see the best place for the update for such a case. As for why the gui side of things has disappeared I can only guess, there's no sensible reason for the gui to disappear but the app to still run.

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
As for why the gui side of things has disappeared I can only guess, there's no sensible reason for the gui to disappear but the app to still run.

karl.
If one clicks on 'Hide to Systray' button, the main window gui is unloaded, and an icon is displayed in the sytem tray. It can be restored by double-clicking on it. If for some reason the icon disappears, the main window remains unloaded, and there is no way to re-load it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: