Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<master-update-interval> for Specific Mountpoint Relay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertut

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: <master-update-interval> for Specific Mountpoint Relay Reply with quote

How often does the Relay Server poll the Master Server for the availability of the mountpoints to relay Specific Mountpoints? Both Master and Slave IceCast. Is there a <master-update-interval> setting for for Specific Mountpoint Relays?

Because I've seen that If I disconnect the source client from the master server, naturally the stream stops. If I reconnect the source client to the master, it will take about 2 minutes for the relay to be aware of it, and until then the players get rejected with NotAvailable. If I set <on demand> to 1 it works immediately, but that has other side effects I dislike (if no listener connected, no current song info on status.xsl, etc).
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The <master-update-interval> default is 120 secs, and it's the global interval setting for rechecking the streamlist on the master server. There is no per-relay setting although I do have one in -kh which chould merge easy enough.

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
The <master-update-interval> default is 120 secs, and it's the global interval setting for rechecking the streamlist on the master server.
Does this apply to Master Relay only, or to Specific Mountpoint Relays too? I've set <master-update-interval> to 30, but it definitely didn't reconnect the specific streams from the master after 30 secs.

karlH wrote:
There is no per-relay setting although I do have one in -kh which chould merge easy enough.
It would be nice to have it.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<master-update-interval> is used for the interval for all relays. The Post 2.3.1 code handles relay cases better but whether that will affect the 30 secs you make reference to I don't know. The error log will show more info for such things.

I'll look into the retry interval for <relay> which takes <master-update-interval> as the default.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: