Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Directory listings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Trouble Reply with quote

I cannot even figure out how or what is "Mount"..what do i put in there and how do get on the Ice cast Directory...IN LAYMANS terms PLEASE!!!
balbinus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search results are currently limited to 100 results, ordered by reported number of listeners. We are currently discussing changes on the ordering, and lifting up the limits on some sortings. Furthermore, search results are cached for a few minutes, thus there may be inconsistencies.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeglennis:, if an icecast server has 2 streams how would you identify each stream (the mountpoint!). The directory tags tell icecast where to send the requests. So as long as you have YP support in icecast, the stream is public and there's no silly misconfiguration like <hostname> as localhost then you should list without issue. Check the error log is there are problems but if you see attempts being made and it still does not list then let us know.

karl.
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Thank you, Reply with quote

In the "Alias and the Mount" is /live ...is that correct? or do i put the name of the Station (me) in those boxes?...OR do i put the name of the directory page?,like dir.xiph.org or oddcast.org....etc? I am in new waters here and i am really thankful for everyone's support.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question is vague, what boxes are you referring to. Avoid using an alias in icecast unless you know what it is. The directory reference for dir.xiph.org goes in the <directory> tag block in the xml file. The oddsock.org directory has not run for several years. so don't use it as you'll get timeouts/failures reported in the log file.

karl.
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Thank you again Reply with quote

In the SAM Program there is "Encoders" to set up the config.
Server details are:
Icecast 2
Server IP
Server Port
Password...got that ok...connecting well
Under the password...there is a box
"Mount"
it has already been pre set to /live

Then of course,
Radio station name
Station descrip
Genre
Website URL
Now my question is What do i put in the "Mount" and Website URL?

Thetatic relay is set at Host,Port,User % Password and then it had "Mounpoint Details" as its shows "Alias" whic is the same enrty as /live...is that right.
Thank you for your patience for my stupidity ofd not understanding fully.
This assignment of broadcasting is very exciting.
Thanks, Joe.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using /live is ok for a mountpoint, but as a general rule mountpoints without an extension are generally classed as mp3 streams, overwise place an appropriate extension at the end eg /live.ogg or /live.aac or /low.ogg or /high.ogg. The name can be anything you wish but some players use the extension to determine which codec they will use to decode.

The web site url can be blank or can be the name of your web site, it's informational only. Many stations have icecast and their website on different addresses.

karl.
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: 3 Reply with quote

Thank you so very much...I put that as /live.mp3 is that correct?
and now i should be on some page like Icecast or something ready to broadcast.(i hope)
i dont think i forgot anything...just gotta see now where is the directory placed now.
Thank you
Joeglennis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Is the Statistic relay have to be set and active?....also...i am showing on the server that total bytes sare read like mad when playing music but o is sent...why is that? and lastly....in my encoder config, i have it set /wkew and #2 is /wkew.ogg...is that correct?, will this put me on a listeners page?
it says in the server....as of now....
client_connections 6 (and rising)
connections 8 (and rising)
clients 2
source_clients 2
source relay 0
file connections 0
listener-connections 0
this is in the Server Status

listen url: http//localhost:8000./wkew
is this all correct? or do i have to make corrections?
Thank you for your patience and kindness
Joe
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is for icecast questions and this thread specifically for directory listing issues. I cannot comment on sam as it is not an application I use or even develop. If you need to resolve an issue with a third party app then you could ask in the source client forum or on the spacial audio site.

What will place you on the our directory is your icecast issuing requests to us for adding your stream. Your log file will say whether it is attempting that, but as I've already mentioned, if you supply the address like http//localhost:8000/ .... then you will be rejected because localhost is of no use to anyone.

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertut wrote:
1. There are problems with unicode chars. In my case ő in the station name/description is shown as Å - wrongly. (It should be MR2-Petőfi instead of MR2-PetÅfi)
2. If I search for 'MR', I can see that not all my mounts are listed. (stream001.radio.hu:8080)
3. I also get the impression that the description, current song and displayed mounts are messed up. For example MR3-Bartók (aac+) never had 228 listeners, and never plays Amber Smith - Introspective, it's a classical music station LOL.
Just for a bump - situation didn't change. Same errors even now.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertut, all your streams name exactly the same name, so they have grouped together. Try using a different stream name for each content stream. eg MR1 Kossuth for both /mr1.aac and /mr1.mp3, MR2 Petőfi for /mr2.mp3 and /mr2.mp3 etc

karl.
robertut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
robertut, all your streams name exactly the same name, so they have grouped together. Try using a different stream name for each content stream. eg MR1 Kossuth for both /mr1.aac and /mr1.mp3, MR2 Petőfi for /mr2.mp3 and /mr2.mp3 etc

karl.
Well unfortunately that's not possible - the management sticks to this. It's the same content under different format. The name has to be the same. Sorry.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertut, mr1 and mr2 seem to have different content and have different metadata.
robertut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
robertut, mr1 and mr2 seem to have different content and have different metadata.

Of course. mrX.aac, mrX.mp3 the same, while mrX.xxx and mrY.xxx different.
The name, however, all content come from the same media company, they must have the same name.
- Stream Title identifies the radio company, it's the name of the radio
- Stream Description identifies the channel itself, it's the name of the channel (the same radio offers many channels)
- Current Song identifies the media title being played on air (metadata)
- Stream Genre identifies in keywords the genre of the channel

So all the streams are different from each other. Watching both Content Type and Stream Description, plus all the other descriptors, allows to uniquely identify the streams from each other. Our listeners must be aware that the channels are provided by the same company. Most players display this information in a very friendly manner, and the listeners must see the same name in the player, regarldess of which channel they are listening to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: