Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoIP bridge listener?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usernamenumber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: VoIP bridge listener? Reply with quote

I would like to give people the option of listening to a stream by dialing into a teleconference if they have network connectivity problems. Are there any tools out there that would let me point to an icecast feed for input and dial into the teleconferece by voip for output? A tool like Gizmo5 would be perfect, but it doesn't seem to be able to take input from a stream.

Thoughts? Thanks!
vealtenio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well friends, I want to be a VoIP operator but I need to make some knowledge about it. How does the call get from the public Internet onto the telephone network? Does Skype (and the other VOIP operators) own equipment in each country to provide the interface? Where is it situated, in each telephone exchange, or centrally? How are Skype out and other VOIP calls routed? Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: