Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPD -> IceCast2 -> Roku Soundbridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: MPD -> IceCast2 -> Roku Soundbridge Reply with quote

Has anyone been sucessful in getting their Roku Soundbridge to connect and play an MP3 stream from an instance of IceCast2 (where the source is MPD)?

I add the URL http://myserver:8000/mpd.mp3.m3u into the presents, as it appears in the IceCast2 webpage, but the Roku just sits there trying to connect when I attempt to play the preset.

Looking at the IceCast2 webpage is says the stream is "application/ogg" but it's being fed an MP3 stream from MPD - could this be the problem (as afaik the Soundbridge doesn't accept Ogg streams).

Any help appreciated! Thanks.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feed an ogg stream to something that is expecting mp3 then yes it will have a problem.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, that's what I thought.

How do I configure IceCast2 to stream MP3s?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't, you configure the source client for mp3 streaming. The only thing related to icecast that's a consideration is the mountpoint name, but as the mountpoint name already ends in .mp3 then you don't need to change it.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, looks like the fault lies with MPD.

I've used OddCast as a source to the server and it works fine (stream reports audio/mpeg).
macgyver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Also Problems with Soundbridge Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I also have some problems listen to my favorite radiostation (which uses Icecast) with my Roku Soundbridge.

Radiostation is sending on http://stream.novalnet.de:8000 - Channel Charivari

>> Their Webinterface of Icecast shows mp3/audio - so stream should be readable by Soundbridge without problems.

My Problem is:
If I add the Stream http://stream.novalnet.de:8000/charivari to Presents on my Soundbridge in Webinterface and click on "Play on Soundbridge" everything plays just fine.

If I then change to any other Webradio (not useing icecast!) and like to change back to Charivari then the Icecast-Stream doesn`t work.

Soundbridge trys to connect but can not.

Workaround: I must go again to the Webinterface of Soundbridge and have to start "Play on Soundbridge" from the Presets and then the Icecast-Stream works again.

>> But the stream-link only works until I change again the Station.

Can there something be wrong with Icecast-Installation of my Station or is this a bug in Soundbridge?

Greetings,
MacGyver
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver, that will be a bug in the Soundbridge.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: