Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darkice + Icecast + Shockwave = ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baalpeteor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Darkice + Icecast + Shockwave = ? Reply with quote

I have a nice flash player for a site im going to be putting up soon (radio station) that uses joomla. It's called jskyradio (the module) and it supports shoutcast. Here's what the config looks like:
- <config>
<auto_start>true</auto_start>
- <station url="http://134.147.239.230:8008">
<name>CT Radio</name>
<genre>Alternative</genre>
</station>
</config>

going to the url opens the shoutcast frontend/backend. I tried this for mine:

<config>
<auto_start>true</auto_start>

<station url="http://kocz.podzone.net/High_Bandwidth">
<name>Kocz 103.7 FM</name>
<genre>All</genre>
</station>
<station url="http://kocz.podzone.net>
<genre>All</genre>
</station>
<station url="http://kocz.podzone.net/High_Bandwidth.m3u">
<genre>All</genre>
</station>
</config>

and none of those work! i even tried kocz.podzone.net:80 (as i port trigger 80 on my router) and to no avail. Is there a way to get icecast to work like shoutcast ?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the icecast status page show in a browser, if so check that the mountpoint is active and then see if it matches what you expect. You can check your logs to see if the request is coming through. try with another player using the same url. These sorts of things are fairly basic when checking for connectivity.

karl.
baalpeteor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
Does the icecast status page show in a browser, if so check that the mountpoint is active and then see if it matches what you expect. You can check your logs to see if the request is coming through. try with another player using the same url. These sorts of things are fairly basic when checking for connectivity.

karl.

yes the icecast status shows. The streaming work it's not a question of if it will connect as i've been streaming since august or soo... it's just getting it to work with the flash player jskyradio made for joomla. I dunno how shoutcast works to fix it with icecast. All I know is the ip address in the test one (http://134.147.239.230:8008) when u goto it, it resolves to a status page.. and when i try my kocz.podzone.net one which is the address to the front page it doesn't stream Sad

I would be willing to try another flash one that works. Someone here had made one for icecast but the good version to show text costs which isn't cool.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may be just the / mountpoint. You'll see that in your xml that the alias of / is to /status.xsl, well you could make that another stream instead of a file, you could also make it only apply on certain ports.

karl
baalpeteor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
it may be just the / mountpoint. You'll see that in your xml that the alias of / is to /status.xsl, well you could make that another stream instead of a file, you could also make it only apply on certain ports.

karl

I wrote the people at jskyradio (no forum :-p ) about it and hopefully they can say something. I tried the /status.xsl but no avail. It could be that jskyradio only reads .pl files. I know that icecast only supports m3u and XSPF (if that even can be made to work).
Ill keep you updated on what they say.. because it will be a pitty to have such a pretty shockwave player go to waste Sad
baalpeteor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baalpeteor wrote:
karlH wrote:

karl

I wrote the people at jskyradio (no forum :-p ) about it and hopefully they can say something. I tried the /status.xsl but no avail. It could be that jskyradio only reads .pl files. I know that icecast only supports m3u and XSPF (if that even can be made to work).
Ill keep you updated on what they say.. because it will be a pitty to have such a pretty shockwave player go to waste Sad

ah how stupid of me.. i got it working. Know the problem? ALthough I use port 80 as a forward, I had to still put 8000 so once I do:

<station url="http://kocz.podzone.net:8000/High_Bandwidth">
<name>Kocz 103.7 FM 1</name>
<genre>All</genre>
</station>

after putting port 8000 it worked. I think port 8000 is an internal port for the streaming.. the router probably forwards request to kocz.podzone.net on port 80 to 8000.. i forget what port.. im pretty sure thats what it is. I also forwarded 8000 when I first put the server up to the linux pc but I use 80. So it works now Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: