Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server Reply with quote

Hello.

Who can help me to configure my icecast server properly, with the values that I want for my web radio??

Please note that I'm not asking somebody to help me necessary for free. I know that this requires a lot of time and of course knowledge.
So if somebody has the time and REALLY knows VERY WELL icecast conf and all the tips/tricks, please reply or pm me, and also how much you will charge me.

thank you
SoNiA
razametal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server Reply with quote

sonia wrote:
Hello.

Who can help me to configure my icecast server properly, with the values that I want for my web radio??

Try reading this small guide:

http://64.233.187.100/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.ecualug.org/%3Fq%3D2009/01/05/instalar_una_radio_en_internet_en_15_minutos&usg=ALkJrhgJlHFSpVpnyoDFbbUETZ5kgkzztg
sonia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server Reply with quote

Good day razametal

thank you so so so much for replying me. I know about this guide
I have found myself hundreds and several, but ...but...
my thing is:

a) I've set it up ( the icecast server) on a dedicated server which I have bought/rent per month, with Apache 2.2. Also I found the solution and fixed the error that probably most people find : /usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache.
b) What I want? I don't know (and seems that nobody knows) how to:
1) set unlimited listeners (my server gives me unlimited bandwith)
2) set the sound quality at 96kbps
3) what are the exact values that I must set to icecast so to connect the icecast with sam or drs2006 or jazler from my mac @ home.

everybody gives or saying general settings, I need exact settings for my needs, with my servers etc. and that's the reason that I request somebody to knows 100% icecast and help me 100% and if it's needed I'll pay, not a prob.

Once again thank you raza.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen that message a few times now

undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache

I'm not sure what setup is causing this but you really need to pass this information back to however makes your system setup, an admin or distribution.

This is down to a mismatch between libxml2 and libxslt. While icecast does use these 2 libraries, we don't use that library call. What you are seeing is something that libxslt is expecting to find in libxml2. Those 2 libraries tend to have a tight association.

karl.
sonia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear Karl I have the solution. That's what I'm saying to my post, which as I've searched through the internet, most of the people has this problem and nobody was able to solve it. And the reason that I wrote that is that anybody who would offered to help me, I wanted to know that he hasn't to deal with that problem also, but only with the configs I need. Of course if anyone has or had that problem I can publish it here Very Happy

Although, thank you so much for replying me

SoNiA Smile

karlH wrote:
I have seen that message a few times now

undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache

I'm not sure what setup is causing this but you really need to pass this information back to however makes your system setup, an admin or distribution.

This is down to a mismatch between libxml2 and libxslt. While icecast does use these 2 libraries, we don't use that library call. What you are seeing is something that libxslt is expecting to find in libxml2. Those 2 libraries tend to have a tight association.

karl.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact solution will vary because people have different setups. The basic process is to find out the versions of libxml2 and libxslt being used. Verify whether you are using the latest of those from your distribution. Check xmlsoft.org for the releases and the dates the versions were released, you should get an idea of what is out of sync.

karl.
sonia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my dear Karl.....

you don't understand. I have fixed that. There is no problem. I have fixed that.
please read more carefully my posts.

I'm not looking solution for that problem, but with all the conf of Icecast as I said in a previous post.

anyway thank you once more for your reply.
als

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Nobody can use unlimited bandwidth Reply with quote

because after some time of unlimited STREAMING usage ISP will put a limit on it.
Usual hosting plans (You say You rent server with APACHE) doesn't offer REALLY unlimited bandwidth, because usual web browsing doesn't mean (and need) flat bandwidth consumption. So, be prepared to be shaped, as soon as you will have noticeable listener count

Sad

Anyway, You can simply put 100000 listeners as limit and that's it.
At least a 1Gbit link is theoretically capable of 17000 connections of 56 kbit streams
sonia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nobody can use unlimited bandwidth Reply with quote

I hope you are not right, because they guaranteed as lifetime unlimited. If that it's not true as you say, I will fly to the USA and burn their buildings!!!!

"to be shaped" you mean what??? do you have a better proposal?

thank you als so much for the advices

als wrote:
because after some time of unlimited STREAMING usage ISP will put a limit on it.
Usual hosting plans (You say You rent server with APACHE) doesn't offer REALLY unlimited bandwidth, because usual web browsing doesn't mean (and need) flat bandwidth consumption. So, be prepared to be shaped, as soon as you will have noticeable listener count

Sad

Anyway, You can simply put 100000 listeners as limit and that's it.
At least a 1Gbit link is theoretically capable of 17000 connections of 56 kbit streams
djmizt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody can use unlimited bandwidth Reply with quote

sonia wrote:

Shaping means controlling the flow of your outbound traffic (in this case your stream) thru different queueing disciplines. Its ok for them to tell you its "unlimited" but im sure there wasnt anything in your contract that guarantee a CIR (commited information rate) - a marketing ploy. So yes they dont measure how much you stream but they can limit how fast you stream.

Unless of course you bought a flat bandwidth - but this can still be shaped upstream by your ISP
sonia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody can use unlimited bandwidth Reply with quote

Oh thank you. I knew that companies are tricky and must be very careful with what you sign but now you helped me a lot. I'll check that in my contract and with them immediately.
It's a serious matter and I don't want to pay for fake bandwith.

thaaaaaaaaaaank you djmizt

djmizt wrote:
sonia wrote:

Shaping means controlling the flow of your outbound traffic (in this case your stream) thru different queueing disciplines. Its ok for them to tell you its "unlimited" but im sure there wasnt anything in your contract that guarantee a CIR (commited information rate) - a marketing ploy. So yes they dont measure how much you stream but they can limit how fast you stream.

Unless of course you bought a flat bandwidth - but this can still be shaped upstream by your ISP
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
wirelessgimp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server Reply with quote

sonia wrote:

2) set the sound quality at 96kbps
you set this in the source client you use.
gnowave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: well whatdya kno Reply with quote

fasinating stuff
PPNSteve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hello. I would like 100% help with icecast server Reply with quote

sonia wrote:
Good day razametal

thank you so so so much for replying me. I know about this guide
I have found myself hundreds and several, but ...but...
my thing is:

a) ... lso I found the solution and fixed the error that probably most people find : /usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache.

HOW EXACTLY did you resolve this problem?

can't get Icecast to install on my fresh RHEL5 server due to this problem..

thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: