Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast and Ices (libshout.so.3: cannot open shared object)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleedingturnips

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Icecast and Ices (libshout.so.3: cannot open shared object) Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to Icecast, so this may be a silly question.

I'm running Slackware 10.1, so I compiled icecast, libshout, shout-python, and ices and setup the ices configuration file and created playlist.txt

Now, when I run

ices ices-playlist.xml

I get the message

ices: error while loading shared libraries: libshout.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Since I installed libshout, I don't understand why I'm getting this message. I even tried reinstalling libshout.

Thanks.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Icecast and Ices Reply with quote

bleedingturnips wrote:

I get the message

ices: error while loading shared libraries: libshout.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

the runtime linker is not able to find the libshout.so.3 file. As you have installed libshout from source, I would guess it will be down to a search path. The default prefix for our apps is /usr/local, so the libs will be in /usr/local/lib. If the runtime linker is not checking there then it won't find it, so check if /usr/local/lib is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, if not then add it (it's a text file) and run ldconfig. That should allow ices to run.
bleedingturnips

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. That seemed to work.

Now, I'm getting the message

unable to open log /var/log/ices/ices.log

This sounded like a permissions issue, but /var/log/ices doesn't even exist.
MikeS
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the directory doesn't exist, then it's hardly surprising that ices can't write to it.

If you either create this directory, or configure ices to write to a directory that exists (and is writable), it should be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: