Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Streams question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Multiple Streams question Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been asked before(i searched and found nothing) I want to have an icecast server that will stream possibly 20-50 different streams. Would this be possible to have the source client and icecast server running on the same system. If so what kind of resources am I looking at for each stream..(so I know what kind of server specs I'm going to need).

Each stream will have only 1 maybe 2 listeners.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT:BTW it will be audio only. if that makes any difference.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our test runs linked on the icecast home page show we streamed over 1000 streams on a single icecast so yes the number you have mentioned is fine. While you can have the source client and icecast on the same machine we don't require it. As for the resources taken, well that would depend on the configuration. Re-encoding content takes the largest amount of CPU, so 50x that could be tight. If no encoding is done then CPU usage will be light. Memory usage is generally not an issue.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

Alright great thanks for the quick reply. So now I just need to find a source client that can handle multiple simultaneous processes. Anyone have any suggestions there? Thanks again...
Spook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: source client providing several streams simulaneously Reply with quote

I have the same question :

Is it possible for ezstream or ices0 to provide several streams to icecast.
The idea is to have one single instance of either ezstream or ices0 running that serves as source for multple streams/mount points for one icecast server.
Input for both source clients should be different playlists.

Does one of either clients have this ability - or, if not, does anyone knoe about a source client that has ?

Spook
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will encode multiple streams from a single input, but if you wish multiple streams from different inputs then use multiple instances of the source client. You can run more than one at the same time.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: