Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jackd -> darkice -> icecast2 (mp3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: jackd -> darkice -> icecast2 (mp3) Reply with quote

Not entirely sure where my problem lays but hoping someone might have seen this before and can help, or can point me in the right direction.

I'm running CentOS 5 with the CCRMA realtime kernel and a M-Audio Delta 1010LT feeding sound to jackd (from CCRMA). I have darkice 0.19 (from ATrpms) taking the data from jackd and passing it to an icecast2 2.3.2 (tried both stock and kh15b versions). Finally, have iTunes on the local LAN connecting as the only client to the icecast2 server.

If I start jackd, darkice and icecast2, connecting darkice to icecast2 and iTunes to icecast2 (not but connecting ports using jack_connect), then the total_bytes_read and total_bytes_sent reported by icecast2 are pretty close and the client seems to run forever (for values of forever close to 20 minutes of testing). (Bytes read does exceed bytes sent, but slowly.)

However, as soon as I connect jackd to darkice, total_bytes_read increases significantly faster than total_bytes_sent and eventually icecast2 disconnects the iTunes client because it fell too far behind.

Starting jackd with

Code:
jackd -R -d alsa -r 22050

and connecting jackd to darkice with

Code:
jack_connect system:capture_6 darkice_6:mono

Snippet from darkice.cfg:

Code:
[input]
device          = jack
sampleRate      = 22050
bitsPerSample   = 16
channel         = 1
jackClientName  = darkice_6

Snippet from icecast.cfg:

Code:
<clients>100</clients>
<sources>2</sources>
<threadpool>5</threadpool>
<queue-size>524288</queue-size>
<client-timeout>30</client-timeout>
<header-timeout>15</header-timeout>
<source-timeout>10</source-timeout>
<burst-on-connect>1</burst-on-connect>
<burst-size>65535</burst-size>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: