Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming Webcam to Icecast2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netzoss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Streaming Webcam to Icecast2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have tried both VLC and the Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer for streaming my DirectShow webcam to Icecast2. The good news is: Both is working.

However, with VLC I have not yet found a configuration that would transcode the webcam stream to non-choppy theora (even with minimal resolution and framerate of 10 fps).
The video is only choppy when streaming to Icecast2. Streaming to display only (still transoding to theora) works fine. Streaming prerecorded video to Icecast2 works fine as well.

Using Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer I get perfectly smooth theora on Icecast2 (25 fps, resolution 640x480).
Unfortunatly this program does not run on Vista (I have both Vista and XP installed on the same machine). This is why I would like to ask you guys whether you have a word of advice regarding the transcoding settings in VLC for DirectShow devices for me or whether you know of any other tool that streams DirectShow devices to Icecast2 (theora) from Vista.

Thanks
netzoss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to get smooth video with VLC.

The DirectShow settings are only working when preset under Options/Input/Codecs/Access-Module.

What I needed to do is checkmark the "Device Properties" and "Tuner Properties" checkboxes. I am working with the German version of VLC. The actual option names may be slightly different in the English version.

This then results in the device properties popping up each time before streaming starts. Adjusting the values for resolution and framerate there solves the problem.

Regards
dtm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
can you tell me the config of IceCast and VLC you are using

I try to stream my Webcam with Vlc (on Win XP) and IceCast2 (Debian) but
it won't work
djrobsmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The Visonair.tv Ogg Streamer now works on Vista and supports the latest Theora and Vorbis releases.

Regards

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: