Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best source client to interface with PHP playlist generator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvoss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Best source client to interface with PHP playlist generator. Reply with quote

Okay folks, I admit, i'm dazed and confused...here's my goal.

I want to be able to broadcast an icecast stream....using my existing php/mysql based playlist/broadcast controller. (I'm differentiating here from a 'source client' cuz I'm not sure they are the same thing.)

My system is entirely on CentOS linux and Flash Media Server (FMS). Broadcast controller is written in PHP. All streams must be entirely generated on the server...as opposed to generate on a lap top and sent to a server.

Note that my php scripts determine which file is to be played next each time they are called from the FMS server. So it's a dynamically generated playlist, not a static playlist file. Several reasons for this that I'll not bore you with here.

I'm currently using the FMS to broadcast rtmp mp3 streams to my Flash player. Works great, has been online for well over a year. Now I want to add Icecast. (NOTE, one nice solution to this is the WOWZA server....and that may be where I end up, but want to make a more informed decision before dropping more bucks into this hole called Internet radio... Smile

It's important to note that almost all of my broadcast controller is written in PHP and the code in the FMS is kept to a bare minimum.

I've read through gobs of the info here several times. I'm probably staring right at the answer and overlooking it. At this point, I'm dazed, confused, lost and want my mommy.... Smile

I'd like to tie my PHP code into a source client and have it magically send the stream out to icecast. I'm not sure how to do that.

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of the pieces I need to put this all together.

As a side note, the station is located a http://www.kbluz.com

Thanks so much.
blueswimmer001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Set me up with Icecast on my Station Site Reply with quote

I would like to get someone to set my internet station web site up with an onboard icecast server and music content cart..

If you know of anyone. . contact me at dauntless001seal@hotmail.com

my name is Jeff

my url is www.bluesandsradio.net
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Set me up with Icecast on my Station Site Reply with quote

blueswimmer001 wrote:
I would like to get someone to set my internet station web site up with an onboard icecast server and music content cart..

If you know of anyone. . contact me at dauntless001seal@hotmail.com

my name is Jeff

my url is www.bluesandsradio.net

Here, w emainly help you setting up your system, even if some of us are icecast hosters. This forum is not a "if you know someone" stuff. Please describe exactly what you need, and then, yes, we can help you.
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Best source client to interface with PHP playlist genera Reply with quote

jvoss wrote:

I want to be able to broadcast an icecast stream....using my existing php/mysql based playlist/broadcast controller. (I'm differentiating here from a 'source client' cuz I'm not sure they are the same thing.)

[some stuff cut]

I'd like to tie my PHP code into a source client and have it magically send the stream out to icecast. I'm not sure how to do that.

From what I understand, you already have some kind of client you want to bind to icecast. As some full fledged PHP source clients exist, such as Ampache, you could have a look to ampache icecast module as a good starting point and adapt it to your own code.

Sure, what you need can be achieved, but no one will give you a drop and run solution, as you already have your own database and sequence genreator for programs and playlist. Adapting Ampache is not really difficult.
IglooJordan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching the forum for information on Ampache and came across this thread which i thought was kind of interesting. I have been looking for a good alternative to Ampache that I can use just to see what else is out there. The reason i ask this question is because every time I run a stream through the current software there seems to be a little bit of a glitch in the center speaker when I play back files I have converted. There is one video converter that works, and another that doesn't. Any ideas?

Last edited by IglooJordan on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been looking for a good alternative to Ampache that I can use just to see what else is out there. Any ideas?

An alternative is CentovaCast, which is commercial software, really powerful, or you can also have a look to Airtime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: