Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drops from Edcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevemj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Drops from Edcast Reply with quote

Hi

I am streaming audio from Edcast (standalone) to Icecast 2, set up as a master, and am experiencing an odd issue.

When Edcast is connected and streaming to the server, periodically (but not regularly) the feed breaks up and restarts. There is no loss of data, and on the Edcast meters, the meter level is observed dropping to zero during the break.

The breaks typically last 5 - 10 seconds.

I have tested all hardware and audio feeds in the loop and there is no break in the source feed.

Sometimes these breaks are 30 seconds apart, but they can be up to 10 minutes apart.

I have searched the logs on encoder and Icy server with no obvious corresponding entries being found.

I am also encoding the same feed as WMA, on the same encoder, without experiencing the same issue.

Has anyone experienced this with edcast and icecast? Can anyone help me identify the problem?

Thanks
robertut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see occasionally this too (AAC and MP3), but haven't got a clue why.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: