Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is a new release coming?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woogieman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Is a new release coming? Reply with quote

Hey KarlH any word on a new release? By the way THANKS for all your help last year.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad I could help, haven't really got around to the trunk code yet, still cleaning some other issues out in the kh tree first. I may just get a stabilizing update out for 2.3.3.

karl.
Ant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is a new release coming? Reply with quote

woogieman wrote:
Hey KarlH any word on a new release? By the way THANKS for all your help last year.

It could be great present in new year Smile

karlH wrote:
I may just get a stabilizing update out for 2.3.3.

Why not?
Less buggy release is great too Smile
iunderwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the changes made in KH, The next release would be deserving of a 2.4.
woogieman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@karlH: thanks for responding back. My need is to be able to implement video easier and faster. My experiments with video have been horrible to say the least. VLC was so slow with it's wrapper stuff. Visionaire choked constantly even on a local network. NSV was the only one that actually got the video streamed.

What with the ease of Smartphones to do video, makes the man on the street the ultimate reporter. We need to handle those streams live and quickly.

I set up a separate machine using 2.3.2 compiled with the latest Theora and other libs but it still seemed to really lag with video. My local network had up to a 10 second lag. Of course I was using a USB 2.0 webcam as my source, but I am trying to make it easy / cheap on the user.

Anyway I can't wait for an stable update. Nice new year present and once again thanks for your help.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With video being a higher bitrate, the only settings in icecast that could help is the burst size, obviously the default of 64k is probably not adequate but increasing that is not a problem, just make sure the queue size is larger to handle any lag to listeners. The only other issue that could affect delivery is the send buffer which is the OS default on 2.3.2 (so-sndbuf in trunk/kh) but is generally only used on win32.

Obviously any lag added at the source client is something outside of icecast control.

karl.
newtech83

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello woogieman
If you wanna make streaming video try to use red5.
it's the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: