Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ices: "shutting down" - No you don't...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Ices: "shutting down" - No you don't... Reply with quote

Why isn't ices shutting down when it's saying it will?

I'm running several instances of ices which use different conf-files. All ices instances use a Python handler which delivers mp3 files from a directory. Now what I want to do is handle the case when the directory is empty. In this case the Python handler returns nothing when ices_get_next() is called and ices should shut down.

I'm running a cron job that checks if ices is running (by grepping ps with the name of the conf file, see below) and if it's not will start ices again. Obviously this doesn't work if ices is still running, but not doing anything :

ices.log
Code:

Playlist file name is empty, shutting down.
DEBUG: Interpreting [ices_shutdown]
DEBUG: Done interpreting [ices_shutdown]

icecast2/error.log
Code:

[2011-02-18  22:39:42] INFO source/get_next_buffer End of Stream /radio
[2011-02-18  22:39:42] INFO source/source_shutdown Source "/radio" exiting

# ps aux | grep webradio
Code:

root      2903  0.0  1.4  30480  6816 ?        Ssl  22:45   0:00 /usr/local/bin/ices -c /usr/local/etc/ices-webradio.conf

Any ideas how to solve that problem?

Thx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: