Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best MP3 Icecast Source Client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meswara Marco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Best MP3 Icecast Source Client Reply with quote

Guys , i have icecast2 running....

I use ices-cc ( o.4) for playlist streaming and darkice. They work ok but i am not so happy ( lack of dynamic playlists streaming ( haven't got it to work yet) and getting mixer mode ( everything from my soundcard to be pushed to the icecast server).

Bcos of this i am thinking of trying liveice and muse.

Just would like to get a feel from all the members here of what has been their best mp3 source client?
m3gab0y

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Airtime Smile
Meswara Marco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m3gab0y wrote:
Try Airtime Smile

Yes, i did browse thru their site. The backend is icecast + poc streamer ?
Additionally i am not familiar with liquidsoap ? i need to avoid complicating things... icecast is ok for me know...if possible i rather avoid poc-streamer ( its another mp3 streamer ) as icecast is just so fine...

My issue is with the source client...But i cannot seem to find out what the source client is in airtime ...?
m3gab0y

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meswara Marco wrote:
m3gab0y wrote:
Try Airtime Smile

Additionally i am not familiar with liquidsoap ? i need to avoid complicating things... icecast is ok for me know...if possible i rather avoid poc-streamer ( its another mp3 streamer ) as icecast is just so fine...

My issue is with the source client...But i cannot seem to find out what the source client is in airtime ...?

It's custom, based on liquidsoap. And it works quite OK, if you know how to tweak it. If you want to keep it simple, try edcast (or what's left of it)
Meswara Marco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m3gab0y wrote:
Meswara Marco wrote:
m3gab0y wrote:
Try Airtime Smile

It's custom, based on liquidsoap. And it works quite OK, if you know how to tweak it. If you want to keep it simple, try edcast (or what's left of it)

Thanx. Will stick to ices0.4 for playlist streaming...
i have two instances of it running so that i can have two playlists ( two separate mounts )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: