Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ezstream - playlist reloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Ezstream - playlist reloading Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm using the awesome Ezstream player (with quite sucess), on a Linux server. All is allright but, actually I run the init process with the following command: ezstream -c /home/eric/ezstream_mp3.xml &

If I change the playlist content, the player goes on with the old playlist he had loaded. If I want to read the new (modified) Playlist (with the same name than the older one)
If I want to reload the new playlist I first have to kill the process and restart the process as noticed above.
Is there in any way (an init option?) to force a "play liste reloading" at the end of the current playlist. In that way, it would be great for me.

Thanks for all.
netz10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:
Code:

killall -HUP ezstream

This should keep ezstream continuing, while the playlist is being re-read. Re-reading the playlist should take effect after the current song finished. Then re.reading the playlist happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: