Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with embedded flash players when intro file is used

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
als

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Problems with embedded flash players when intro file is used Reply with quote

After adding AD as an <intro> to our stream, discovered, that this causes flash player, embedded in our site to constantly drop sound (every second).
Can be tested here:
http://www.latviesuradio.lv/JoomlaRadio_v4/Radiostations/radio2.htm
If after intro (after 26's second) I press pause and then play, it continues playing flawlessly.
I've tried different players: FFMp3 shows same behaviour, Minicaster plays some time without drops, then restarts stream (with intro).

The same behaviour with:
    intro bitrate a little smaller than stream's
    intro bitrate a littel larger than stream's
    intro has id3 tags striped out
    intro was encoded by lame (linux)
    intro was encoded by Audacity (windows)
    intro was cut to 5 seconds length

If I watch network activity with Firebug, audio stream data seems to come in blocks in the same order as audio drop outs.

It seems to me, that when intro is used, it breaks something in icecast's prebuffering (or burst) logic.
Playing stream in winamp, vlc, windows media player is ok.

If anyone can show, where to look for flash player with configurable prebuffering option, I'll be very pleased Smile.

Alexander
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably down to the flash poorly handling frame sync midstream. The intro goes through no problem but then icecast starts sending on a non-frame boundary. Flash fails but other players work without problems. The pause/resume probably triggers a resync which allows it to work.

Try with my latest build from my web site, that has some frame alignment code in use for the flv wrap. Even if flv is not used, the internal blocks are aligned on frame boundaries so should prove if that is the issue or not.

karl.
als

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
It's probably down to the flash poorly handling frame sync midstream. The intro goes through no problem but then icecast starts sending on a non-frame boundary. Flash fails but other players work without problems. The pause/resume probably triggers a resync which allows it to work.

I thought about this as a problem source, but didn't manage to get software to analyze frames in downloaded sample Rolling Eyes...

karlH wrote:

Try with my latest build from my web site, that has some frame alignment code in use for the flv wrap. Even if flv is not used, the internal blocks are aligned on frame boundaries so should prove if that is the issue or not.

karl.

Switching to icecast-2.3.2-kh30 solved this issue! Excellent work, Karl!
Isn't it time to name it 2.3.3 Wink ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: