Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ezstream sounds like it's raining knives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
porphyrous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: ezstream sounds like it's raining knives Reply with quote

Hello all,

Cygnus Radio is moving to a new audio streaming server. Aside from versions, everything is the same as the configuration on the old, currently working server. But I only get the old server until March 19, so I'm moving everything over.

I've already run the gauntlet that is compiling and installing ezstream. The new server includes going from 0.2.9 to 0.5.6 on ezstream and 2.3.0 to 2.3.2 on Icecast. Icecast seems to work fine with my live stream from SAM4, and it picks up and falls back to ezstream.

The problem is that the audio stream coming from ezstream is totally farked. I've installed and/or updated madplay and lame to current versions. From a completely functional standpoint, everything is working. I used the same audio encoding settings as before, but they don't work.

Here's my configuration. Can you see anything wrong?

Code:

<encdec>
          <!--Support for MP3 decoding via madplay, and MP3 encoding via LAME-->
          <format>MP3</format>
          <match>.mp3</match>
          <decode>madplay -S -R 44100 -o raw:- @T@ 2>/dev/null</decode>
          <encode>lame -r -x -b 96 -s 44.1 --resample 44.1 - - 2>/dev/null</encode>
</encdec>

Edit #1: I've noticed that madplay is quite old, version is dated 2004. Is there a better decoding client?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: