Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynamical Reload of the Configfile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Dynamical Reload of the Configfile Reply with quote

Hi,

it would be great if I could reload the Config.XML file after editing without stopping and starting the server, because I don't want to loose my listeners. Would this be possible?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On unix system the HUP signal can trigger an xml reload, most things can be changed without trouble, although a few items like port changes cannot. The win32 build needs another approach for triggering the reload.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we use Win32 Version. Would be great if it works. What we change is to add some mount points and ADD some more listening ports and ADD some aliases.

Thanks

Christian
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a report to trac.xiph.org detailing this so it isn not forgotten about. I think an admin handler could be used triger a re-read, that will work on win32 as well. listening port changes is something that would need to be added, aliases and mount changes are handled already.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: