Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15-20 seconds delay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trogne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: 15-20 seconds delay Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a hosted website, but my icecast server is local.

There's a 15-20 seconds delay for audio to be played online (what's playing locally is delayed 15-20 seconds online)

Is there something I should considered that could help reduce the delay ?

Thanks,

Patrick
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will always be a delay, it's a combination of the size of the buffers and the bitrate of the stream. icecast itself has <burst-size>, but your player will also have a buffer. A 64k burst or player buffer will take 16 seconds of a 32kb stream. You can of course increase the bitrate which reduces the amount of time or reduce both buffers.

For reducing the buffers, the icecast burst size can be adjusted per mount (in KH you can specify ?burst=10000 on the stream request to have less), but you will also need to adjust the buffer size in the player.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: