Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
square_eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Spam Reply with quote

Anyone else getting spam through the PM service here? I got offered pills through a Canadian pharmacy.
konsolenritter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

There seems to be scripted/automated sign-up for nearly 200 fake-users within the last four or five days.

Got such spam PM today morning, too. One forum was filled up today morning with faked forum posts, too.

I think and hope, that the Admins of this icecast forum are up and fighting against meanwhile. We should keep calm and put messages and posts to trash (if not originated from the admins themselfs).

Greez,

#timo aka konsolenritter

(EDIT: As i can see, the admins killed already most of the fake-users. I think there are 10 or 20 over, still. For instance the user ShuffFek registered yesterday and is the fake-user that sent me spam PM this morning.)
acidrain97

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: same here... Reply with quote

stupid spammers... My email boz got riddled with the crap... sucks. But thanx to admins for deleting it.
konsolenritter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting new fake-users. (luckily fewer than the last days.)

Personally i think they've hacked/broken the captcha (confirmation code) used for the forum. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: