Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live DJ Mount Randomly Appears (apparently doesn't exist)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x86cam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Live DJ Mount Randomly Appears (apparently doesn't exist) Reply with quote

Currently I host a radio server using Icecast 2.3.3 (2.4 broke a few things for me).
I have a fallback mount of /live.mp3 that is /stream.mp3 (which is the Auto DJ), but I'm having some issues.
Thing is, the live mount randomly appears out of nowhere while absolutely nothing is being streamed to it.
This messes up my PHP stat page, but the stream is unaffected.

In the stats page on the Icecast server, it shows that /live.mp3 is there, but apparently when I click the "Kill Source" button, it says that the stream doesn't exist.

I have no idea what is going on here, and how I would fix it...
The only way I can fix it (temporarily until it happens again), is if I kill the Auto DJ and then reconnect it (the /live.mp3 mount disappears then), but I don't want to disconnect that mount.

Do you guys have any idea what is going on?
x86cam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
It seems to be a 2.3.3+ only issue. I downgraded to 2.3.2, and it worked just fine. The developers need to get on this immediately if I have to update.
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there.. this is a loose guess, but I think its because the XML/XSL code internally has changed slightly..

I JUST discovered this, this morning.. my "control bot" is pretty much unable to parse the latest build of Icecast... on my next break in the broadcast schedule, I'm going to try to rebuild the bot's parse engine parameters..

a quick inspection of the root (base) XML in the latest build appears to be VERY different than previous builds..

-sigh- I got me some work to do! Smile

I hope this helps, have a great day!

-DjZ-
Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: