Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SOLVED] I'm getting "ICY deauth" floods! ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] I'm getting "ICY deauth" floods! .. Reply with quote

hi everyone!

I have corrected the SSL heartbleed issue, but now I'm getting LOTS of "ICY DeAuth" floods and its knocking my DJs off the air!

I'm not sure where this issue is coming from... any ideas? it appears to occur on a specific mount.. (the remote DJ input mount) and its making life a MESS for the other DJs.. (even my TEST DJ was being knocked off the air from 20 seconds to 2 minutes). the flood comes in at various lengths and times..

I suspect maybe a disgruntled DJ who may have the cast password... can they somehow be knocking the other DJs off the system? I can change the cast password, however, that a mess I would like to avoid if I can!

if its confirmed, then I will change it (its the one password I didn't change from the heartbleed as it means I have to re-issue a new broadcast application for all the DJs as they aren't "that smart" in setting up a casting application...)

any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited by DJ-Zath on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how a new DJ could knock off an already connected one unless you are allowing a hijack in stream-auth on the KH tree. Either way, there should be a reason for the drops logged. If the cause is just the end of stream then the link is becoming broken but I've no idea based on the description yet.

karl.
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there karl!

I think the problem is Comcast has initiated new procedures which one of them is to prevent all forms of streaming.. aimed at Netflix and youtube, mostly, however, it seems to effect audio streams as well..

the "issue" seems to have corrected itself after 3 days of being off the air.. but, who knows... perhaps more on this later...
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!

I have found the problem..

it turns out my servers are receiving massive SYN floods..

the issue isn't Icecast at all... Icecast does its best to continue streaming, but I'm guessing the Syn bombs are just KILLING it

this issue isn't related to Icecast anymore Sad

-DjZ-
Sad Sad
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE x2

I have dropped that host..and switch to another that provides clean-pipe services..

all is good (as far as the syn bombs go) no drops or bump-offs..
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you identified and corrected the issue, the provider should have some sort of detection to at least drop requests from problem IPs for a certain period of time.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: