Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast KH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.3.3-kh9 is now up. Mostly a bugfix release so should not have any surprises, and therefore recommended.

The new feature is the ${mount} that can be allowed in a few of the mount tags. intro, fallback-mount, on-[dis]connect and dump-file. Most people will not be using this but in cases where you use a wildcard in the mount-name and wanted to use a mount specific expansion in any of these tags then you would use this. A simple example would be
Code:

<mount>
    <mount-name>/live*.mp3</mount-name>
    <intro>/intro/${mount}</intro>
    <fallback-mount>/fallback/${mount}</fallback-mount>
</mount>

With sources such as /live128.mp3, the expansion would use /intro/live128.mp3 and /fallback/live128.mp3, for /live64.mp3 you would have /intro/live64.mp3 and a fallback of /fallback/live64.mp3

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kh10 is up at my website. Taking far too long really, many of you have been running on pre-releases that I've had at various stages and a number of reports have been gone through, thanks for the feedback.

As always, let me know of any issues

karl.
*vov@ndo*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: stream + rs 232 data Reply with quote

Hi, KarlH.
Is it possible that the streaming data output not only available is for standard Internet streaming but also as streaming datapackets on an RS232 port for using it on other transport layers? Such as rs 232 commands. Thanks in advance.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding something like RS232, I would of thought a player type application would be best for that, not icecast, even if it ran on the same machine. As for other protocols, yes, possibly, it's a question of what call there is, the capability of getting it working and the incentive to get it working.

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time I kicked this release out, 2.3.3-kh11 is up.

While there were no code changes for win32 specific things, I did have to change some of the packaging for win32 because of the updates to my system. While it seems to be fine here, let me know of any issues.

Most changes in this have actually been in the github tree for some time and seem to be working well for people. Not much in the way of new things, just improvements in allowing interaction with players mainly, and with a few stability fixes and some minor sync-up with the official icecast codebase.

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.4.0-kh1 is up. mostly fixes and bringing things up matching what was done in the Xiph build.

karl.
davect99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
2.4.0-kh1 is up. mostly fixes and bringing things up matching what was done in the Xiph build.

karl.

I've installed the Windows version of this build. Although the file name is icecast-2.4.0-kh1_setup.exe, the installed service is named "Icecast 2.3.3-kh12pre".
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it's actually the right code, just me being stupid and missing a version change for win32. I'm sure I'll get around to doing another win32 build with further updates but for now it's ok to use.

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.4.0-kh2 is up. It is mostly a stability release, no new or big changes to be concerned about. Important if you have FLV and fallback handling going on as it plugs a couple of crash cases and should keep consistent in all cases. There is some http keep alive work in there to help speed up web accesses, and while it can apply to all types of requests, it does not improve normal streaming.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: