Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast2 Server Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Droopy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Server Question Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm using icecast2 v2.xx on windows 7 and DLink Router. I have open 8000 port both ways and also firewall same thing.

When I open my server and one of my radio announcer log on to do his/her show, I can't listen to what is playing. I tried with a html link, a listen.pls link, tried with a portable radio reader...I'm not able to listen. Is it because the server is on my pc ? if yes, is there a way to bypass this ? Cause everyone else ear the radio fine but me.

Thanks for the help Smile
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a common thing with NAT routers. You are asking for a playlist which is either at an external IP or has an external IP within it which makes your PC kick the request out to the router but that router does not kick it back in via forwarding probably because the request does not come in via the external ports. You should be able to use an internal IP or even localhost to address the server and the m3u builder often uses the supplied address as a reference so that should work with that as well. If you use a name for addressing the server then you could use a simple hosts name lookup to the internal address.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: