Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob question about dev and beta on Ubuntu 16.04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoootradio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject: Noob question about dev and beta on Ubuntu 16.04 Reply with quote

I have been having reoccurring issues with BUTT not being able to reconnect to my icecast2 2.4.0 server using SSL after a connection loss.

I contacted the developer of BUTT and he said that is because my icecast version sometimes will not drop the dead connection. He told me to get the 2.40-KH or the 2.50-beta.3 version where this issue is resolved.

Now this may sound silly, but I don't know how to install these versions on my Ubuntu 16.04 box because the instruction ...

Code:
./configure
make
make install

... will not do anything.

When updating the repository Ubuntu will only get me the 2.4.4 version of icecast.

How do I install these newer version (without messing up my config that uses URL authentification which took me months to setup)?

Glad for any help or link to detailed install instructions.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: