Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

serial number is the same as previous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: serial number is the same as previous Reply with quote

today my ices 2.0 goes down, and now cannot start

in log i have tons of this info

[2006-05-10 01:07:53] WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Skipping "/ogg_i/[here is file name].ogg" as the serial number is the same as previous

What happen? How to fix it? Please help...

---
all files exists, all directories exists too, i didn't change anything in config or any paths...
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That warning is just to handle an odd case where the serial number doesn't change between two sequential logical streams (eg 2 consecutive files). The check just causes a skip of a file. Without knowing the specifics I can only guess but it may just need the two files seperating in the playlist.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 250 files (compresed ogg quality vbr -1) i /ogg_i/ folder
Filenames it's alpha numeric only with spaces no ' or " chars.

My question: where this serialn number is?

a supose that Audio Conversion Wizard have some bug because files create in batch mode in ACW is listed on this warn log, other files witch I created with CDex its ok...

I analyzed header of each file...
Cdex files have random sequence in the beginnig of each file like
OggS  @Ýf ČĺÚ—vorbis, and files from ACW has same beginnig and its always OggS  \>®vorbis this is the serial number?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogginfo will tell you the serial number(s) for the specified file, and you know which files are the cause by checking your ices log. You probably just need to move a line in your playlist but you can recreate the ogg file if you wish.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all files created with ACW:

Note: Stream 1 has serial number 0, which is legal but may cause problems with some tools.New logical stream (#1, serial: 00000000): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...

:/ is any easy way to change this serial info? or I must reencode all files?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with files created with sox under linux. They all have the same serial number and sox has no say of setting the serial number. Of course ices2 is going to skip all of them after the first.

I don't see the reason for checking the serial number anyway. It's something a bit overly fussy to my mind.

I just commented out the serial number checking code in my version of ices since it's a lot easier to do than change all the serial numbers on hundreds of files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: