Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast 'rejects' data from source

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Icecast 'rejects' data from source Reply with quote

Hello,
first of all sorry for my english Smile

I have a problem using Icecast Server and I can't figure it out. I use a self developed application which opens a port for source connection, reencodes the stream to the defined public streams (aac+, mp3) and publish it to an icecast server.

Anything works fine for serveral of hours. Using Icecast v2.3.2 for about 2 hours, using the previous v2.3.1 for about 6 hours. After that it happens:

The socket which I use to 'upload' data to the icecasrt server will not send all data out. For example I want to send 16KByte but the socket tells me that only 4KByte are transferred. Reached this point it repeats until I restart my application (and wait about 20 seconds, if I just reconnect the problem occours much faster, about 10-30mins). Both, icecast and my application, runs on localhost so it can't be a connection problem or too low network speed.

I hope you can help me to figure out the problem. I dont really think its a bug in icecast version because other tools for source streaming works. Maybe it's only a missconfigration, but I have no idea how to solve. Readed my code over and over for 3 weeks without finding a problem :/
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to determine the behaviour of icecast and what is happening over the connection. If icecast doesn't see anything for a certain amount of time (typically 10 secs) then it will drop the stream and log an entry saying so.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not the problem. I get every 1 or 2 seconds a IsAlive Event wich contains raising amount of data (count of data send since connect). A 'no data timeout' is not the problem :/

Readed about 10MB of log files, but anything seems to be fine (include this) Sad

Edit: Sry, wrong button klicked ^^
but thanks for this. Well I'm using BASS.Net library together wirh VB.Net 2005. Got anything about it?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you haven't said what is mentioned in the log. The 'IsAlive' event means nothing with respect to icecast. Are you saying that icecast stops working entirely?

karl
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgive me please, my english isnt as good as my german Smile

The IsAlive is raised every time data is sent successfully to the icecast server (mostly 8KB) and anything works fine. A friend is online now on our streams for about 4 hours. Anything works fine. Thats funny, stream keeps alive,I restarted it before 8 hours.
If the error occours I receice LessDataSend event instread of IsAlive which means not all the data is sent to the server the encoder has finished. But the blocksize is always about 8kb or 16kb. On Error only 4kb are send out Sad
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to look at the connection from different viewpoints. The result from the client API is not enough to determine the actual cause of the problem. We cannot advise on possible causes if all you specify is what is returned to your application.

I've mentioned a few times now that you have to check the log file from icecast, specifically the error log. We develop icecast and as such we need to know what icecast reports in cases of an error, and so far your postings have said nothing about this. From your description is sounds like the stream was shutdown but we don't know what was reported yet.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm the debog log is about 17MB large, splitted into 2 files. Can you give any point for what can search for to post a part of it?

Well, maybe a translation mistake. I have never said that this is a bug in your software, but neither I nor the BASS.Net developer can find the bug, so I hope you or anyone else you know ran in serveral kind of problem. the only one that I said is that the problem occours faster on v2.3.2 as on 2.3.1 but I'm not sure on this now. A friend is online since 500 minutes now without any kind of problems

... lol
I typed it right now, mp3 stream died, aac+ will continue. but its 5 am here now. I have to sleep now Very Happy but I backup the logs
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you speak italian?Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: