Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Port 8000 or 80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TallSeaBird

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Port 8000 or 80 Reply with quote

I have setup a streaming Icecast server using port 8000, at work we only allow the use of port 80 so in my router I have set up NAT to translate all requests to port 80 to go to port 8000 and this works fine.
The problem is that I can no longer get on the internet from the server (My desktop PC) - Is there any reason why I cannot broadcast on port 80, I haven't actually checked this works yet but will do in the next few hours

Thanks
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need help?

I have a hard time understanding your setup.

You have a desktop pc at work, from which you run an icecast server?
That pc is connected to a network switch which is connected to a router?

"(My desktop PC)" --> Switch --> Router ---> ISP

What router do you have?

What OS is installed on your PC?

Did someone try to connect to icecast from the Internet, or did you just try from the local lan, with your external IP?

I want to understand so I can help, but I need more info.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just look in the mailing list: http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2005-June/009398.html

That will work for most.

/FAF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I wasn't very clear, the server is at home and I am broadcasting a stream which I want to listen to at work.

I think 'we' have resolved the issue, someone else is doing the same thing and port 7070 seems to work.

Thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: