Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 servers?? also mp3pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: 2 servers?? also mp3pro Reply with quote

Hi. I have two questions.

The first is, I always see people talking about have two servers with one being a 'relay' I believe. I don't quite understand this, where can I read up on it? I need 2 pcs? I currently don't yet but soon will be using Live365 to broadcast. I have Icecast2.

Secondly, how can I use the mp3pro encoder most efficiently? I have it set on my pc to be the first encoder in the list and I have the stream encoder set to mp3pro in SAM343. What do my listeners need to do to get the best experience?

Thank you for humoring a newbie. Very Happy
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 servers?? also mp3pro Reply with quote

qwiksand wrote:
Hi. I have two questions.

The first is, I always see people talking about have two servers with one being a 'relay' I believe. I don't quite understand this, where can I read up on it? I need 2 pcs? I currently don't yet but soon will be using Live365 to broadcast. I have Icecast2.

http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.1.0/icecast2_relay.html is a good starting point Smile
You should also have a look to the following topic here: http://forum.icecast.org/viewtopic.php?p=3182&
And an excellent HOWTO is provided by http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/~angel/web/icecast.html
Quote:

Secondly, how can I use the mp3pro encoder most efficiently? I have it set on my pc to be the first encoder in the list and I have the stream encoder set to mp3pro in SAM343. What do my listeners need to do to get the best experience?

Thank you for humoring a newbie. Very Happy

Well, as I only stream from Linux, I have no help available for windows clients Smile
Maybe someone else with good win client experience will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: