Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple mountpoints forwarding to a single mountpoint..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Multiple mountpoints forwarding to a single mountpoint.. Reply with quote

Ok, might be hard to explain. I want to have a mountpoint for each of my DJs along with one for our autodj. But, I want a single mountpoint for the station itself. Whether it's the autodj or one of the DJs that are live. I've read something confusing about setting priority but it was kind of vague. Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is the same thing I have currently with shoutcast but I want to be able to seamlessly move listeners from mountpoint to mointpoint and take advantage of the fallback without disconnection.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

define a relay which relays from the autodj mountpoint initially. Each DJ can fallback-override the autodj mountpoint and listeners just connect on the one relay mountpoint.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I do this in one instance or icecast or do I have to have the instance with the autodj and various mountpoints on it and a relay instance? Thanks
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can be done with 1 icecast instance, just as long as the mountpoints are unique.

eg
/dj1.ogg /dj2.ogg ... - places for DJs to stream on.
/autodj.ogg - stream to play when there's no DJ
/live.ogg - relay of autodj.ogg and a place where listeners connect to.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool deal. Thanks for your assistance Karl. Cool
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. If you could post an xml file of this actually working so that I could see how it is done I'd be incredibly appreciative. I understand that at some point in time you had to figure it out yourself with little or no help and it's only fair that I give it a go on my own.. but I'm kind of at my wit's end here.

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone? Icecast is definitely capable of doing this. I just can't figure it out for anything. I have the relay deal setup and working I just need the dj sources to override the autodj when they connect.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the per-DJ <mount> tags to specify the fallback and fallback-overide of the autodj mountpoint.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: