Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nobody outside of network can connect. (router issues??)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiNx88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Nobody outside of network can connect. (router issues??) Reply with quote

Alright... After hours of getting all the stuff needed, I'm CRAZY CLOSE, but well, it just aint workin.

Ive got a server at http://161.184.158.71:7999. Firstly, I can listen to the music as long as I'm inside my network (inside the router). Secondly, people outside the network can see the status page, but just cant connect to the actual stream. I do not have a clue why - I've forwarded port 7999 unless theres a different port for the actual stream.

If anybody has any ideas can fix whatever I've done wrong I'll love you forever and ever. Not in a creepy sorta way - just a normal way.

Thanks in advance
-LiNx88
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the stream fine. So if you've been tweaking things chances are you've now fixed whatever was broken before..

On a sidenote, 7999 should be the only thing you need to forward.

EDIT: Can their players deal with ogg/vorbis?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow.... So... It did work?!?! YESSSS!!!

I didn''t tweak anything, but now that I think about it, I betcha it is because of the ogg format... I guess I'll definately have to change that. What are some good subsititutes that are capable of streaming mp3's?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't recommend mp3. So instead point your friends to a player that supports ogg/vorbis. Such as winamp, foobar2000, quintessential player etc etc. You can even get it to work in windows media player (yuck) by installing the directshow filters found here:

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/
LiNx88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like ogg way better too. The problem is, the majority of my audience will be listening on school computers, and there isn't any way for them to play ogg files.

I would like something that will let me update playlists over the internet... Something pretty advanced, and that supports mp3 files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: