Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing of default date/time format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kozlov

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Changing of default date/time format Reply with quote

Allow users to change default date/time format on status pages and sth other. Now when I look on status.xsl, it says:
Quote:
Thu, 24 May 2007 13:19:52 �rodkowoeuropejski czas stand.

...and should show:
Quote:
Thu, 24 May 2007 13:19:52 Środkowoeuropejski czas stand.

(I don't know that encoding specified on this forum will be capable of displaying polish signs)

It could be changeable, e.g. for:
Quote:
13:19:52 24.05.2007

Quote:
2007-05-24 13:19:52

...or sth like that. How do you think? I mean to remove problem of encoding in some systems (my Windows XP is presenting timestamp with cp1250 encoding, but Winamp is sending song titles' in Unicode or sth). I think there should be possibility to convert every *sensitive* string (like song titles, stream name/description) from ... to ... (from cp1250 to utf-8, for example).

Now piece of my status page, as you could see how it's messed. All questionmarks (?) should be polish signs, but they aren't. CLICK!

PS: I saw *branches*, but I'm trying to explain that every string in Oddsock (or another client) is sent in another format - song info as unicode and stream info as default system codepage (in *nix I think it could be iso-8859-2 but not sure, for polish and in win32 it's cp1250 for polish too). Or all strings shold be encoded directly in source to one format? It could be better... Confused
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

start with using my branch work (address in my profile), define the <mount> to have a charset of cp1250 (or whatever) and then try streaming.

karl.
kozlov

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but then song names will be jerky, because are encoded in Unicode.

Stupid, isn't? Evil or Very Mad

Now I'm using unicode version of my string pasted into Oddcast and works fine... but it's not comfortable if I want to change it every time when I start broadcast.

Anyway, I'll try to use branch work.

I know, I bother. :>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: