Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash Player unable to play stream in some IE installs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on the IE7+flash issue as well. I tried compiling the patched Icecast (after modifying 'Content-Length' in format_mp3.c) with cygwin but gave up in desperation.

Is there anyone willing to do the compilation for win32 and upload the affected files somewhere?

Thx,
Phil
vdborght

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: New Icecast? Reply with quote

I've reported the same fix a while ago already
(see http://forum.icecast.org/viewtopic.php?t=175)

We're currently running icecast like this on www.taatu.com (100K users) and have no issue at all using several browsers (IE6, IE7, firefox, safari, opera, ...)

What would be really nice is for Karl to release a new version of IceCast (2.3.2?) including this and other fixes.

That way, users will get precompiled versions including this fix AND it will allow us to start supporting users doing their own broadcasts into our application -- just tell them to install IceCast v2.3.2 or higher and we're there.
As it is now we'd need to ask users to modify their own icecast or distribute our own version -- which would then be a version which is different than the official release,...

So Karl, can you please make a new version that also includes this fix?
In return, we'll start pushing IceCast as our official way to broadcast music into TAATU.

Regards,
Peter

TAATU - Create the World
www.taatu.com
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filip_tc wrote:
I'm stuck on the IE7+flash issue as well. I tried compiling the patched Icecast (after modifying 'Content-Length' in format_mp3.c) with cygwin but gave up in desperation.

Is there anyone willing to do the compilation for win32 and upload the affected files somewhere?

Thx,
Phil

Yea Phil I agree with you?? I have no clue how to compile the source files into a Win32 application after modifying the "Content-Length" in format_mp3.c

Could anyone help??
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this myself... recompiled and no dice, it didn't play in IE7!
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update... thanks to Karl's help, this actually DID work... but one must set Internet Explorer's security setting down to MEDIUM instead of MEDIUM/HIGH.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well regarding IE7 ,problem , i reach this point , and here is no hope ! some ppl said it is work fine with ie , Now , after all that's time what the correct solution for this problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: