Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

noob traktor 3/icecast user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: noob traktor 3/icecast user Reply with quote

okie dokie.....I need an idiots guide to traktor 3 and icecast guide. Im behind a linksys router, and Im using porttrigger to help me with that problem, and I dont think I set that up correctly. I went into my router settings and clicked into the port trigger tab, enabled shoutcast, icecast to ports 8000 and 8001. that should be correct I hope. Now Ive installed the icecast server, didnt change anything in the config file, as Im not sure what to configure. here is what my traktor settings look like.

proxy settings - use direct connection
proxy address - blank, port - 8001
address - localhost, port - 8000
mount path - /live
password - hackme
format - ogg 11025 hz 96k
stream url - blank
stream name - test
stream description - test
stream genre - dance

if that isnt enough please let me know.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountpoints for ogg streams should have a .ogg extension on them as some player are too stupid. Why are you using a 96k ogg stream but only have 11khz samplerate, when 44.1khz is perfectly ok at that bitrate.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i changed the sample rate to 44100, but im still not listed in any directory and it seems that nobody can connect to me.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always check that you can access the status page first, all that requires is a browser. If that doesn't show up then it's either because you have specified <bind-address> or more likely that you have a NAT/firewall that is preventing external access getting to icecast. If a browser cannot get the page then no stream will be accessible either.

The directory servers can check the requested streams to see if they are accessible, if they are not then there is no point in showing them.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked out the link: http://host:8000/status.xsl and the page wasnt found. so what on earth else can I do...I obviously didnt port forward correctly, and this apparent program porttrigger isnt helping me. so can anyone make an "idiots guide to traktor 3 and icecast" using tiny words for people such as myself. Keep in mind Ive only got minimal knowledge when it comes to networking and such. Oh and PLEASE specify how to port forward this piece of crap! thank you for your ears people....now sleep tight and make sure to dream up ways to make this shit easier for us simple minded djs.

mr peanut
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind that icecast has nothing to do with the port forwarding and we don't know what you use to do that. This is all part of the job of your network administrator. You will need to configure whatever it is to allow the incoming port to be passed to icecast.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well like i said i think the ports are opened i went to the status page and was able to view everything, and my server had 2 client listeners.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so since im able to log into http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/admin/ shouldnt people be able to connect to me and listen? What else could I be missing? Ive also thought about using oddsock. Would this be advised for or against? Does anyone at all have a simple tutorial with step by step instructions? Ports are opened, and I can broadcast using winamp, so what can I do to broadcast a live mix? If you wanna tell over a messenger, Ive got yahoo (mix_chex) and msn (clorets109@hotmail.com) please respond...I need help....IM TOO SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are sure that the YP listing is being attempted (by checking the error log ) and rejected then some information being passed is either incorrect or in use already. eg a <hostname> of localhost or 127.0.0.1 is not going to work.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: