Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Embedded Realplayer Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this what everyone is after?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Embedded Realplayer Video Reply with quote

I'm on a Windows XP Professional machine and am trying to create an audio/video server that can be watched via an EMBEDDED REALPLAYER without errors or bad browser messages.

This has been my past three weeks ...

1) Install Shoutcast server for mp3 audio and then install seperate webcam software to learn that the buffering is very different ... so my webcast looks like a kung-fu movie (mouth moves, words happen 1:30 later).

2) Uninstall everything and give a shot at PySoftware Broadcaster (streams Windows Media) only to get big errors from Safari for Mac (can't embedd WMP for Safari).

3) Install Icecast and attempt to make live video happen by downloading a bunch of documents that are intended for linux. Meanwhile, there I am going "duh, somethin' must be rawng wit my muh-sheeen"

LOL

What steps do I need to take with Icecast for a Windows XP platform computer to stream in Realplayer compatible format so that it can be embedded?

That's what I want to know.
Sankt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Helix open source media player ( Created by Real Media ) can view Ogg Theora streaming video.

The Real Player media player does not natively support playback of streaming video using the Ogg Theora codec. The Real Player media player also does not support the NSV format or any of the current video codecs associated with the NSV format.

The Icecast media server does not support streaming video using the Real Player video format or any Real Player video codecs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: