Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now Playing data and autoposting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logan9Fingers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Now Playing data and autoposting. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so excuse any naivety I display in communicating with you all.

I have signed up to a Twitter auto-posting service for my station. This takes the now playing data from the stream mount point and auto posts the meta data into a Twitter now playing tweet. I apologise if I've just told you something you're fully aware of.

The problem is, even though our now playing data is successfully appearing on radio players, such as OoTunes, Winamp, and TuneIn, we have a problem with the Twitter service. As, I think, is fairly normal with Icecast servers, we have the /autodj.aac stream, which carries our back to back music, and when a DJ does a live show, they broadcast on the /live.aac mount point. The public listen to whichever stream is being broadcast via the /listen mount point. Curiously, even though outwardly the /listen mount point may be broadcasting the /live.aac show, it seems the /autodj.aac service continues in the background. Okay, so I'm sure you're all saying, yes, this is how it's supposed to work...again, my apologies for stating the obvious, if I am.

The problem comes with the now playing meta data. If I set the auto post to relay the meta data on the /listen mount point...no data is sent back to the auto posting service. If I point the service at the /live.aac service, it carries the relevant track metadata back the auto posting...but will stop as soon as the live show stops. If I point the service at the /autodj.aac service, it too successfully carries the autodj stream meta data, the problem is, because the autodj stream runs even when the live show is running, it will carry the autodj stream track data, which won't match the live show broadcast that is actually playing. I need the service to carry the meta data from the /listen mount point, so that the correct data is sent back to the auto posting service at all times...but as I said before, this mount point is empty as far as meta data is concerned...even though it is getting to services like Ootunes.

I hope this all makes sense. Basically, it seems this is an isolated issue, unique to our server, as the auto posting service say they have many Icecast servers using this service successfully. So, does anyone have any ideas as to what we might have done with our server for this not to work? Could it be a problem with the hosting, and if so, what could we say to them that might translate into language they might understand, or narrow it down so we can be more specific with them?

Any help on this would be extremely gratefully recieved.

Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: