Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have a problem with libmp3lame.so.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Have a problem with libmp3lame.so.0 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I installed the newest version of ices for mp3 streaming, and I've come to a problem. After installing lame and then ices I try to run Ices and i get the following error: "ices: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I searched my computer and found these files in /usr/local/lib, is there another place that ices is looking, or a way to make ices look in this directory for these files?

Thanks
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that directory is probably not searched for by the runtime linker. You can add it to ld.so.conf and run ldconfig or set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment var

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
that directory is probably not searched for by the runtime linker. You can add it to ld.so.conf and run ldconfig or set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment var

karl.

Ok, I'm new at this linux thing so where is ld.so.conf located and how do i run ldconfig, Or where can i edit the LD_Library_Path env. var?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll find most information about this in the man pages, man ldconfig, man ld.so etc

karl.
liteFun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also querying google with "error string here" may give some help.
greatmenjmt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this thread is way too old but tust today had the same problem, so maybe someone else will:

/etc/ld.so.conf had inside a include ld.so.conf.d so created a file on that folder that had the path to where the libs was, and run a ldconfig -v (verbose) so i get sure that the libs was loaded... then now ices works good Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: