Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Streams won't play in quicktime or on MACs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Help! Streams won't play in quicktime or on MACs Reply with quote

I posted this on the mailing list already but got no reply. I figured I would try the forum.

I have a very straight forward Icecast setup. I tried 2.2.0 and
2.3.1 with similar results. I have 3 MP3 mounts coming from
simplecast. I let people access them from debaser module in Xoops. Everything works great but for some reason, I
cannot get my feeds to play on Macs OR even on Quicktime from PC.

After getting complaints from MAC users, I tried putting the URL in my Quicktime install on my PC. If I use http:// I get nothing and if I use icy://,
the player window opens, it looks like it will play for a second and
than just says "Disconnected".

Streams play just fine media player, Winamps and iTunes.

Does anyone have any information on this? I do not even know where to look anymore.

Thanks.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are better off asking the developers of those applications if all they do is disconnect. It could be burst-size related or an extension issue on the mountpoint name but without more information about why the disconnect occurs, it's hard to say.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: