Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flac to ogg transcode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Flac to ogg transcode Reply with quote

Hi;
I had icecast and ices2 up and running very quickly streaming ogg playlist, great project. However, all of my music is ripped into flac and I would not want to create copies of my music in ogg. Is there an easy way to transcode on-the-fly directly from the flac playlist to icecast? Do I need another source client ? (I'm running Linux).

George
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: ezstream. Reply with quote

I have answered my own question. ezstream will take flac files and encode them on the fly to ogg (tried) or mp3 (did not try). I'm happily streaming my home slimserver music to my work. Couple of gotcha for newbies:

your isp might be trothling port 8000. I had problems streaming more than 5kb/s (network traffic, not enconding rate). Once I changed port to 8010, it works like a charm.

ogg quality setting takes fractions and negatives. I'm achieving good quality at -0.75. 80 kb/s variable encoding results in 10-15kb/s network stream.

George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: