Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming From The FM Tuner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Givia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Streaming From The FM Tuner Reply with quote

Hello My Name Is givi bitsadze i'm working at radiostation evrika 100.3 FM; georgia, tbilisi.

We Want To make stream from fm tuner, there is Red Hat linux instaled on the machine, please, tell me how we can input SIGNAL, from FM tuner ?

Thank You Very Much
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: stream Reply with quote

hi givi

if you work within the radiostation, then the best would be to take the signal straight from your studio. use the same signal as the one that you send to your broadcasting amplifier.
you can use a sound-card for the input or a line-in card...
to encode the signal you can use various software..
I would go for darkice.sourceforge.net..
this produces your source stream and then set up the streaming server for your listeners with icecast 2.3rc3
since I do not know your server power, I would suggest to use two different servers for encoding and streaming...

tom
RDS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use otsdj as studio software for broadcasting, you do not even need to use an extra cable from the mixer. You can use the oddcast plugin directly into the broadcasting software
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: