Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shoutcast dsp plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geeko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: shoutcast dsp plugin Reply with quote

i want to stream to an icecast 2.2.0 server with the shoutcast dsp plugin, but it cant connect. it works with the oggcast plugin.

thanks geeko
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: shoutcast dsp plugin Reply with quote

geeko wrote:
i want to stream to an icecast 2.2.0 server with the shoutcast dsp plugin, but it cant connect. it works with the oggcast plugin.

thanks geeko

there is an example config file that is distributed with icecast (icecast_shoutcast_compat.xml) that shows exactly how to setup your config so that you can use the Shoutcast DSP as a source client. Try using that file as your config.

oddsock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to get this to work also; worked literally once, then never again.

I've had shoutcast running for months, but have been looking at icecast to add user passwords to the system (and 'go public'); had been looking at 2.2.0 but naturally, right as I had the time to give this a try, out came 2.3.0. I hope that it doesn't have some 'undocumented features' (i.e., failures/bugs), that are hindering me.

I saw the 'shoutcast compatable' right away, and gave it a try; that's when it worked the one time. I found Icecast was sensitive to the startup sequence, but managed to get it to work the one time. Won't do it again (unrepeatable).

I wanted to 'add it' the user/pw in, but as I can't get past the first step it's hard to try the second. When I 'plug in' the mount section to add the authentication stuff (in the config file) all I get is 'Invalid Resource', and of course still can't connect with Winamp (on another LAN machine).

In looking at the icecast.xml file (from the original icecast_shoutcast_compat) it looks strange port wise, but I guess that's what it has to be.

Still hoping I can get it to work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly the same thing here... had it working last night with no probs. Can I get it working now?? not a chance, won't have anything.. only reports

DBUG slave/_slave_thread checking master stream list

in the error.log for icecast and nothing else.

shoutcast dsp plugin wont connect at all.

Any ideas? should I post my xml config file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: