Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SecondLife and Ice Cast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: SecondLife and Ice Cast Reply with quote

Good evening, I set up a Icecast server on one of my spare linux boxes and using foobar2000 + OddcastV3 I have managed to stream data to accross the internet and it's fantastic.

I am having problems getting second life to except the stream and was wondering if anyone inthis forum had managed to get IcsCast to stream to Secondlife.

If I connect client it works and in the IcsCast log I see:
SOURCE /stream.ogg and when I connect I see a GET /stream.ogg

But I am not seeing when connecting from secondlife.

I examined the m3u file and it said http://wendyslostboys.ath.cx:8000/stream.ogg so atached that to my config.

Any ideas
I have tried a FQDN and an URL in my land page along with :8000 :8000/ :8000/stream and :8000/stream.ogg. When I click on the music play icon it's returns to the stop icon in a second

I spent the evening looking at the other threads and release notes in Second life and in the iceCast.org furum but there are only general answers like well you can always rent space off my server. Nothing hard fact about nailing it up.

So I know my server is sending
I know I can receive through my FW but SecondlifeL does not seam to connect.

My IceCast servers is reporting:
Mount Point : (/stream.ogg)

audio_bitrate 499821
audio_channels 2
audio_info ice-samplerate=44100;ice-bitrate=Quality 32;ice-channels=2
audio_samplerate 44100
bitrate Quality 32
genre Rock/Blues
ice-bitrate 499
ice-channels 2
ice-samplerate 44100
listener_peak 1
listeners 1
listenurl http://wendyslostboys.ath.cx:8000/stream.ogg
max_listeners 1
public 1
server_description Bobs
server_name Bob
server_type application/ogg
server_url http://Wendyslostboys.ath.cx
slow_listeners 0
source_ip 10.168.0.2
stream_start Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:02:28 +0000
subtype Vorbis
title heavy Fuel
total_bytes_read 1348393
total_bytes_sent 1080341

Any ideas.

Sorry for duplication but I have spent most of the evening looking on various sites

I have disabled my Stream for the time being
Regards Bob Weeks
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Well ... Reply with quote

From what I've read in about 5 minutes, it looks like streaming in SL basically goes like:

1) Get your Icecast server up and working and feed it a source. (which it sounds like you have done)

2) Figure out your publically available stream URL. (which it sounds like you have done)

2) Copy and paste that stream URL into whatever interface/toolbar thingy SL uses.

Things to watch out for ... I'm guessing here, since I'm not an SL user:

a) Make sure someone else, outside of your home network, can listen to your stream by opening up http://wendyslostboys.ath.cx:8000/stream.ogg - this will verify that you have a public server available and no NAT issues or anything like that ...

b) tail your icecast access and error logs. Now, go into SL, and try and load the music, (punch the flying music monkey or whatever the hell it is that you SL folks have to do to make the music play Smile ) - does the Icecast error log say anything? How about the access log?

c) I don't suppose SL has any sort of error logging or anything like that available, do they?

If and when you get the stream up post it here again and I/we/somebody will try and listen and at least verify part a) for you here.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a SL problem not contacting my ip address

I put a listener on the socket used by icecast. and I detect a connect from all clients accross the internet. Try from Secondlife and Zip.
Filed Bug report.

Thanks
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the FW is open on that port and somone hit my stream from Sina.com as I had a listener on that port instead of icecast. Oh humm back to SL tech support

Bob
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: You've seen this, right? Reply with quote

I take it you've read and familiarized yourself with this: http://secondlife.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=083
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: