Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multiple sources on same box ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: multiple sources on same box ??? Reply with quote

hi fellow casters,

i'm trying to propose many mountpoints to my listeners.

after trying something w/ ezstream, i tried icegenerator which performs great with one playlist. when i try to launch a second instance of icegenerator (w/ log disabled and a different conf file) it says "cannot connect to server'. As icegenrator devel seems sleepy (last pre-release Oct 2004), i ask here if anyone has experienced same behaviour?

BTW do someone know a prog capable of running multiple instances of himself and so provide the server w/ multiple mountpoints ???

i'd prefer something that runs as a daemon / cmd line (no GUI), as i'd like it to run as a service (using SystemV style rc5 script).

Thanks for your answers.

Peace.
Manuel Schneider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good experience with darkice. I use it every day to send three different streams (Ogg VOrbis, MP3 low, MP3 high) to our icecast server.

Darkice reads from line in, but you can specify the sound device where it reads from. So it is also possible to let your favourite player do his job and play all your music and stuff and darice runs in background and grabs the music of the capture input and streams it.

This setup also gives you some flexibility in what sources you use, you even can mix the sound using the sound mixer of the system, play any kind of sound and video files or talk to the listeners with a mic.

Greets,

Manuel
oddskool2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: ices Reply with quote

after some playgroud i now uses many ices instances to provides many channels. i'll take a look at darkice asap. thanx for your kinf answer Smile
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: multiple sources on same box ??? Reply with quote

I am trying to do the same thing. I have icecast and ices running on the same machine. I can get everything working with one source (one instance of ices). I made a different config file for the second ices, when I run it it gives me the PID, but i cannot connect to the stream and when I run "ps -A" I can't find the PID. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Confused
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not without knowing what you are trying to exactly, and what error messages you're gettings. Initially I would say that the mountpoints are the same.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Figured it out! Reply with quote

I figured out what was going on. I had a bad playlist name. Mad I copied and pasted the path Idea instead of typing it and its going now. Sorry to bug you Embarassed , and thank you for getting back so quickly! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: