Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iTunes Dropping Stream after Intro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: iTunes Dropping Stream after Intro Reply with quote

Hello:

I wanted to use the Intro feature in 2.30 and setting it up was a piece of cake. I tested the intro and stream switch using WinAMP and all works fine. However, with iTunes Intro plays and then iTunes drops the stream on the switch. I've tried all three buffer settings in iTunes but none had any affect. I've set the burst size in IceCast to 65536.

Can anyone think of why iTunes can't handle the Intro switch?

Regards

Keith
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say for sure, I haven't had much feedback on itunes. The key things to make sure of is that the intro file and the stream have the same settings. With winamp working I guess the format/samplerate/channels are the same, but you may want to check for the bitrate as some players may have issues with that changing midstream (wmp has some issues with VBR streams for similar reasons).

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that's an idea.

The stream is a mp3PRO 64K stream which WinAMP decodes properly. iTunes decodes and plays the stream but only as a 64K mp3 stream.

The Intro is a 160 kbps file.

Perhaps I should recode it into a 64K mp3PRO file.

Thanks for the help.

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: