Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatibility with [x]inetd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Compatibility with [x]inetd Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I hope this hasn't been requested before, the forum search gave me nothing, just like Google.
Are there any plans on making icecast usable with (x)inetd? The problem is that my stream is listened to quite seldom, but beacuse the music has to be downsampled on the fly, icecast always uses ~13% CPU time.
I'm a complete newbie in Unix socket programming etc, but as far as I know it should be sufficient to change icecast's I/O from a socket to stdin/stdout.

Thanks in advance,
Eric
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecast should not be using that much CPU, it's more likely that the CPU is actually because the source client is in use. It's unlikely to be geared up for [x]inetd use. I would suggest leaving icecast running but use the auth url module option listener_add/remove on the mountpoint to start/stop the source client. The trigger level is will be whether the listener count is 0.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: