Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming with NSVenc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Streaming with NSVenc Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm trying to stream live video via NSVEnc from nsvtools but somehow it doesn't work. There comes no error it just streams but i can't get it on the server.

Using: icecast 2.3-kh15 and NSVenc v0.80 (4/19/03)

My command line parameter looks like this:

SERVER = Server IP / Adress
PASSWORD = Master Password or Source Password

Code:
nsvenc.exe cap:0,N sc:SERVER:8001:headers.txt

headers.txt:

Code:

PASSWORD
content-type:video/nsv
icy-metadata:1
icy-name: Anything
icy-genre:Video
icy-pub:1
icy-br:64
icy-url:http://www.Anything.com
icy-icq:AnyNumber
icy-aim:Anything
icy-irc:My-TV
icy-icq#Anything
icy-reset:1
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://SERVER:8000/;stream.nsv
Title1= test
Length1=-1

the counter runs and it seems like it's streaming but the server doesn't get any content.
I haven't changed a lot in the icecast.xml config file.

I tried to stream via the nsvcap.exe program but it's the same.

I don't know why it's not gonna working. When i'm trying to put the source into a file (out.nsv) it works very well. No problems at all. But directly streaming the output doesn't work...

Hope somebody can help Smile
Thanks.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't much to go on. If there isn't any content getting to icecast then it would timeout after a number of seconds (xml defined typically 10). If there is content getting to icecast then you should see stats being updated, check the admin page.

Obviously there isn't much difference to icecast where the content comes from so it has to be based on what is being sent.

karl.
tdo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the '10 seconds information'. i didn't knew that an error message comes up after 10 seconds when something is wrong...

So, i tried it again and yes, there comes the following error message after 10 seconds:

"[sc] reconnecting to SERVER:8001"
(SERVER = IP Adress / Domain)

Then it tries to send the source data again and again but the Server (admin) page is showing up nothing (no mountpoint information...)

So, the source data isn't getting to there. Now i don't really know, why i'm getting this error. is there anything wrong with my configurations?! Do i have to change some settings in my server configuration (icecast.xml) to use nsvenc?

I just stopped my firewall and tried again but no change. How to get the source data to the server using nsvenc ?!

Using NSVEncoder VP3 3.1
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just means that icecast is dropping the connection after 10 seconds (you can check your error log) because it isn't receiving anything. In such cases icecast assumes that the source client has hung. As to why the source client is stalling I can't say but if it is having trouble captuing then at least you know what area to start looking in.

karl.
tdo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, somehow i can't streaming video with nsvenc to an icecast server. I tested it with a shoutcast server and it works very well and easy. Then i tried it again with the same settings (in the first post) sending to an icecast server. Doesn't work at all. I don't know why...
Maybe nsvenc isn't compatible to icecast, but i'm not really sure. Also at google i couldn't find any useful information. Sad
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly possible that the app you have is sending somethinhg icecast isn't expecting, I've had to allow for a few odd variants to get things to work so it's possible that you have found another. If the error is truely a source timeout then the header parts are processed but as the shoutcast spec doesn't exist the only way to know is by comparing the network packet dumps from nsvenc to shoutcast and nsvenc to icecast.

karl.
tdo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much. I got it working Smile Smile

I think there were some mistakes in the icecast.xml config file, i had to optimize. I reinstalled the icecast server and optimized some settings now i just tested it again and i can stream a file to the server via nsvenc, so i think live capturing will also be possible (testing it later - yesit works Smile ).

So, if anyone had the same problem or has problems with icecast and videostreaming, this site helped me: http://www.scvi.net/nsvice.htm

And thanks to karlH you made my day Smile !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: