Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast KH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been disabled by default for a long time, as ogg comments are best done via the source client header updates, but if you really want url updates then try adding a mount setting with the <allow-url-ogg-metadata> enabled (1, true, one etc)

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
This has been disabled by default for a long time, as ogg comments are best done via the source client header updates, but if you really want url updates then try adding a mount setting with the <allow-url-ogg-metadata> enabled (1, true, one etc)

karl.

Works now.
And i cant use source client update, metadata info and live stream generator are in different locations.

I had few crashing problems, but as soon as i turned up logging level, they mysteriously went away. This is full productions server, serving 10 live streams, hitting at peak aprox 2000 listeners, generating some 150mbit/sek traffic.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get any crashing issues then by all means let me know the details. A backtrace of the latest version built with debug.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
If you get any crashing issues then by all means let me know the details. A backtrace of the latest version built with debug.

karl.

Hi,
yep, it seems that kh-30 has stability issues. max 48h is longest uptime i have seen so far. (standard install kept running for months under same load). Crashes seem not to be connected with listeners count. It crashes anytime, not only at peak hours.

So it seems i need to do some backtracing and debug stuff. But here i need some instructions. I'm more of an server admin and finance guy, not hardcore coder. Can you carl provide instructions how to backtrace, etc.. I tried to search, but no avail.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have identified one reported crash issue over kh30, it's very hard to trigger reliably though so it probably isn't the same issue. However there is a kh30a on the directory if you want to try that out.

To help with debug the first thing to do is do a make debug, it won't affect performance for icecast as it's mainly I/O bound. On recent glibc systems there is a catchsegv utility which make things easier. just do a catchsegv /path/to/icecast -c /path/to/icecast.xml

If/when crash occurs, you get some information on the output (so you can redirect it if you wish to leave it in the background). Send me that information as that will prove a starting point. A non-debug won't ahow any useful info so make sure that the icecast that is run is a debug build, you can test it be forcing a crash with kill -SEGV

The more traditional approach requires creating a core file then using gdb to extract the stack trace from it.

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a kh31 which fixes 2 potential crash bugs. I believe one would only occur if you have plenty of open file descriptors and your have relays restarting. The other is a race at a source startup.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there a way to define a "default fallback" in Icecast KH?
I mean that I want all the clients that connects to a non existant mount to be redirected to that "default fallback". Is that possible?

Thanks

Tim
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean something like a mount definition of say /* that has a fallback-mount specified.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it. I would like /fall.mp3 to be the fallback mount of /*

Tim
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should work, a mount-name of /* and a fallback-mount of whatever you want. Obviously in this case a * will match everything that doesn't exist.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried and it does not seem to work. I added :
Code:
    <mount>
    <mount-name>/*</mount-name>
    <fallback-mount>/radio.mp3</fallback-mount>
  </mount>

to icecast.xml
and when i try to connect to a non existant mount, I still get a 404 error.

Thanks for your help
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd need to know the specifics from the error log (level 4) and the exact xml used, use email for those as the forum is not the best way to send that information.

kh32 is up on my site, I've also updated the trunk build

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
I'd need to know the specifics from the error log (level 4) and the exact xml used, use email for those as the forum is not the best way to send that information.

karl.

I found the mistake myself and it's now working perfectly. This functionality is really great!

Tim
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Load Balancing Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to create an Icecast load-balancing system to support 1/2k users; I'm also thinking about a backup system, as i can't have any blackout in the stream.

The question is: is 'Icecast2 - KHxx' able to support this config? if the IC #1 'fall down' (for any reason) are all the clients connected to it automatically redirected to the IC #2?

just to be clear, this is my idea:

Microsoft's "LBS" service will manage the virtual IP, so I'll don't need any hardware load balancer between servers and firewall(s), the crossed relay/fall-back system should be enough secure in case of a crash of one of the two server, so now my only x factor is if IC is capable deal with anything else.

Any suggestion?
btw, is there any documentation on the features added in the 'KH' version?
And, last but not least, what's the difference between the full build and the trunk build?

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me Very Happy

Ps: sorry for my English (probably full of errors) Embarassed
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The load balancing aspect of the -kh tree is currently triggered when the mountpoint is full and new listeners are redirected elsewhere. For existing listeners, when the stream drops/stalls, there is no direct way of informing those listeners however you can provide the playlist with a list of servers so that the player can issue a reconnect to the other server.

The NEWS file contains the most immediate features added, along with any conf/ files. I usually fill out the docs when I get around to fixing those up. The trunk build is the current snapshot for the next release (2.3.2 in this case), which is mainly made of fixes over 2.3.1 (a few new settings but no big differences). The kh tree is where I like to try out various features before getting them settled and merging them into trunk.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: