Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stream next track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Stream next track Reply with quote

hello,

i wrote my own source-client and i have a crazy problem. i stream my vorbis-files with the following code:

Code:
    if( stream_get_filebyid( &mysql, item->value, file ) == TRUE ) {
      if( sprintf( trackpath, "../data/%s", file ) ) {
        fd_file = fopen( trackpath, "r" );

while( item ) {
          int retval = fread( buffer, 1, sizeof( buffer ), fd_file );

if( retval > 0 ) {
            if( shout_send( this->shout, ( unsigned char* ) buffer, retval ) != SHOUTERR_SUCCESS )
              break;

} else {
            if( ( item = item->child ) == NULL ) {
              if( this->repeat == TRUE )
                item = playlist_get_rootitem( this->playlist );

else
                break;
            }

if( stream_get_filebyid( &mysql, item->value, file ) == FALSE )
              break;

if( !sprintf( trackpath, "../data/%s", file ) )
              break;

fd_file = freopen( trackpath, "r", fd_file );
          }

shout_sync( this->shout );
        }
      }
    }

if the stream switches to an other track ( if the current track is at EOF ) many player ( like mplayer, rythembox, totem ) stop playing or play crazy noise. few player like vlc and xmms work fine with my stream. whats the problem? it is a bug on mplayer an the other players or is my code not ok?

blan
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to to know 100% but the fact that icecast doesn't have a problem and you have seen at least 2 players that don't have an issue would indicate that those non-working players have some trouble with new headers.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, i have tested ezstreamer and ices2 and ezstreamer have the same problem like my application. i think the difference between these three applications is the method of send data. my application and ezstreamer use shout_send() and ices2 uses shout_send_raw(). so i have to use shout_send_raw() to solve this problem or whats your view? is there a better example application than ices2 because ices2 is very extensive as example. and what means raw - i have to send http-data too?

mfg blan
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The _raw function is for sending without libshout doing any verification or timing on it. For ices2, with multiple stream outputs having timing on the outgoing end was pointless, as the timing is controlled by the input engine.

Besides that, if using ices2 shows that those same players have the same problem then I don't see why changing to the _raw function will help. If the problem really is new headers then they are useless for streaming and the developers of those apps should be notified.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: